I feel very special as I have been passed the Liebster Award by not one but TWO lovely bloggers! How cool is that?! I feel very loved ;)
There are the rules of Liebster:
"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 200 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."
So, 11 facts about me? Gosh, where to start?
- I'm not really a people person :* sorry.. I like people but I get in a fluster when I am around them, uncomfortable in my own flip flops I guess.
- Beans on toast is actually one of my favourite meals - it has to be Heinz though...
- I have done a bit of blogging before, quite a while ago. I liked it but just couldn't get my footing so that was that.
- I love the rain.
- Every time I have been on a plane I have disliked it more than the previous time and now I wouldn't mind if I never went on one again!
- Pink is my favourite colour.
- I'm a bit of a TV addict.
- I love lists
- I can keep a secret
- I'm a born again Christian
- At school I hated science, now I love it!
These questions were put to me by Lullabies and louboutins
1. Outdoors or indoors?
Indoors! I'm a real home bug
2. What is your most favourite blog post and why?
This one. I don't often write about me but it was nice to reflect on me and my life up until now, share memories and precious thoughts with people who are interested to read them. This year has been a pivotal one for me so far, learning to love myself as I am and for who I am so it meant a lot to be able to write that post without putting myself down as I usually do.
3. Favourite smell?
Vanilla cupcake Yankee Candle
4. What is the place in which you feel most happy?
Other than our house I love to go to Heavens Gate. It holds a lot of good memories for me. I'm looking forward to spending time there with my children.
5. Daddy or chips?
Daddy :) I'm still getting to know my dad but wouldn't swap him for chips.
6. At what time of day do you usually blog?
Evening usually, once kiddos are in bed
7. Favourite blog post you have read in the last week?
This one by The Mum with the silk scarf it is just a lovely post about sibling love & bonds - very cute.
8. Favourite quote?
"it was then that I carried you" from the footprints poem
9. If you could make your own flavour of crisps, what would it be and why?
Mash potato and mint sauce! Yum yum! I love mash and I love mint sauce and together its amazing! I don't eat meat so the lamb and mint were a no no.
10. If you could wake up anywhere tomorrow, where would it be?
Scotland, Fort Augustus specifically. I love it there, so beautiful and romantic.
11. If you had a time machine, where would you go and why?
Hard to choose! I'd love to go back to a time I spent with my nan. I loved being with her and it would be amazing to relive those memories.
I'd also like to go back to my wedding day, it was so manic I don't remember much about it, I know it was a lovely day but the details are hazy.
And this set of questions was from the lovely Mrs Crafty Bee
1. What is your favourite food or cuisine?
I love a curry! We are fortunate to live near the most amazing curry houses and it's such a treat when we can get a takeaway. Yum yum
2. Which is your favourite season and why?
Autumn, I love the cooler seasons but winter tends to flare up my chronic pain :( I love the excitement of Christmas so Autumn and Winter are the best. I love being snuggled up indoors with hot choc and a blanket, cuddled up with my family, watching Christmas films. Lush!
3. Who or what inspires you in life?
Nature. I love nature. Weird seeing as I am an indoors type of person but it only takes a short walk to see the beauty of nature all around. It gives me a kick up the bum when I need it, reminds me of the things that are important in live.
4. What have you achieved today?
Ummmm very little if I'm honest, it's been a lazy day for me. But I have finally written this post (a tad overdue!)
5. What is your favourite word?
Fab! I don't know why or when it came to be so frequently used in my vocabulary but if you read my blog you will see it pops up a lot! Fab fab fab!
6. If you could pack a bag today and fly to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Verona. Its so beautiful and romantic, and I'm such a sappy girlie romance type person. I went there once before and was just swept up in the beauty of it.
7. What's your favourite song?
All the time in the World, the Fun Lovin' Criminals version. It reminds me of when I first met my now husband and he used to sing it to me when I was struggling with anxiety or insomnia. It makes me peaceful and calm and never fails to make me smile.
8. What is you biggest achievement in life so far?
My children. Too cheesy? Hmmm they are definitely my biggest ongoing achievement. Helping them learn and grow makes me so proud.
9. If you could gift any person with anything, who and what would it be and why?
This is slightly naughty as it would benefit me too haha! I have a friend called Natalie who means a lot to me, I have hoped to visit her in the last year but just not been able to for one reason or other. I'd love to be able to surprise her with a long weekend in a cosy cottage somewhere where we could meet up and enjoy a few days chatting and drinking wine.
10. What one word best describes you?
11. What is your most memorable experience?
Being given peace at what was probably the most stressful time in my life, experiencing real faith and reassurance when I needed it most.
I've been searching for other new blogs over the last few weeks and have selected these lovely 11 to pass the award on to.
Me add three
The World according to Izzie
The mum with the silk scarf
Pigeon pair and me
Things that have caught my eye
Baked potato mummy
Fun being mum
The unCheshire wife
Appologies if you have already done this, I'm still reading through all of your blogs. Feel free to leave a comment with the link to your post so I can have a nosey!
My questions to them are:
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
2. Are you a day or night person?
3. favourite tipple?
4. What words annoy you? (I don't like privilege because it never looks right)
5. If you had a day all to yourself and money was no object what would you do?
6. Chocolate or crisps?
7. Which of you blog posts are you most proud of?
8. Do you have a favourite blog? If so link it!
9. Your first memory?
10. Other than blogging what hobbies do you have?
11. What do you want for Christmas??